Thursday, October 2, 2008

As Operation Get Not Fat goes.... I've gone back to eating alot of salads.. I love salad..always have..as a kid, I ate iceberg leuttace with grated cheese on top daily.. ...yum.... Oh..anyway..
In college I fell in love with the salad bar.. What a wonderful creation....even though OU's leuttace contains a special chemical spray to keep it *fresh* which in turn, people could set their clock by when they'd need to be in the bathroom..if ya know what I mean ((nudge nudge)) But I found alove for adding garbanzo beans, a good source of protein, to my salads.. veggies, cheese, all sorts of fabulous CRAP.. Never croutons..I dont enjoy them.. and I always said "dont eat something unless you'll enjoy it" because that my friend, is how you wind up in the "Operation Get Not Fat" program!!! (or..enjoying things TOO much!!!)

So.. I've ventured beyond iceberg in the last few years.. Boston is my current fave ( never have your husband pick out leaf leuttace OR herbs.. he will come home with parsley & romaine when you ask for cilantro & Boston..EVERY TIME my friend..EVERY time..)
But I've found the dilemma... wash leuttace...sit in colander/dish basket to dry...

wait...

wait...

wait..

Start to worry it will wilt...

nope..still wet..
finally try to pat it off as best you can while not using a whole roll of paper towels which you dont like to use b/c they are "wasteful"

still isnt dry...

squish in plastic bnag & put in fridge anyway..

open to use.. still wet..

...Try to dry as best you can... still wind up with slightly wet salad..Ew.


So.. I began to wonder... if a salad spinner to MIX the salad.. or to DRY the salad??? I pondered this for a pathetic amount of time in the last few weeks....

Today, remembered something I once read in a magazine...

Wash leuttace...
Put leuttace in washer on spin cycle..

So..I dropped it in the washer! In fact..I believe I tried this once in Florida too.. cant quite recall........

Result- Works!

Called mom... Salad spinner is to get the water off leuttace..hm... I'll just stick with the washer I guess..

PS- I washed my washer this week.. yes..I wash my washer occasionally!!!! So.. no..it didnt have anything left over from the diapers to add to my meal.. incase you wondered.. and if it did?? I would have just put that in Mikes bowl..duh!

Oh yes..the children.. I forgot..wasnt this blog supposed to be about them?? Eh!!

They are making me CRAZY. Andy fits well in a box..you pay shipping.. takers???????
;-)

2 comments:

Kayla said...

i am ISO if a playmate for Ayden, that doens't consist of being pregnant. I will certainly pay shipping to have Andy sent to us! Ayden will THRILLED!

Mrs Swan said...

Insert wet lettuce into clean pillow case. Wad up pillow case opening and start spinning and twirling like a mad woman (good mini work out) and volia dry lettuce. :) I am too cheap to buy a spinner LOL