Friday, October 10, 2008

Today was Aaahhmazing!

I had a Freakingfabulous day today..

We slept til 9:45 ( ok..so waking up for an hour to *play* at 5:45 might have had something to do with that..Ryan!!!)
Mike hopped right up & helped us get ready, then he watched Ryan & did dishes while Andy & I went to ther "payground" with Sam(Emily) and Jack(Katie)!!!

We walked a few blocks from Em's house to the playground, which Andy remarked "truck."..."car."..."truck"...'PLANE!!" as we walked, LOL.. Then the 3 little boys all took of running acrossed a big open field, giggling & weaving through out eachother..and I thought "What a GREAT way to start off a day!!!!"
Katie has Jack, who was born on Andys due date (so, about 2 weeks before Andy was born) & Ellie, who was born around 2 weeks after Ryan! She & I could probably swap lives & neither of us would realize.. our home/child lives are THAT similar.. It was SO wonderful to talk with her, I havent seen her since we were both pregnant & our situations are so rare that I found myself smiling all day that I have a friend "just like me" that can actually understand what I go through.. Its refreshing & it really makes a difference when someone doesnt just "know what your talking about" ( while they have NO idea) but they REALLY DO know.. and she does. I couldnt be more excited for us to spend more time together!
And Emily..well.. shes just awesome in general.. I have literally, known her my entire life. She often makes me wistful for what I wish I were like as a mom..she is amazing with Sam, and she'd expecting a little girl in Feb 09!! Wont the 3 of us be a pair?? LOL

Well..after playing for awhile we all walked back to Emily's house.. and these 3 little boys, Andy, the tallest with dark hair.. Jack in the middle, with a cute blonde mop, and Sam on the end, a light brunette & a skinny little guy at that..all joined hands..and walked down the sidewalk together.. swinging arms, giggling, fallin gdown in a domino effect, laughing & then purposefully doing it again...and I just thought "This.. is ... perfect!!"
How lucky are they to have eachother??
How lucky are WE (moms) to have eachother???

We're all going to kick eachothers butts for weekly playdates, not only will it be good for the kidsa, but for the moms too!!! Ryan & Ellie will soon be older ( sniff sniff) and check out eachother on the floor like the boys used to ( aka, slap a hand out & knock someone over) and I hope, the 3 of these boys will be able to have regular play time with eachother & grow up to be buddies. Not to mention, all of us moms too!!!

Emily is sending me pictures soon, you can bet you'll see them too!! I cant wait!

So then I come home, put Andy down for a nap, feed Ryan & head off for errands..have an AWWWEESSOOMMEEE talk with my BFF ( My sister..DUH) and then head home for a bit.. Mike goes homework, Ryan takes a LONG nap & Andy learns mommy can be a horsey & he can ride on her back ( seriously..I pulled a muscle I didnt even know I HAD..ouch) ..Mike got pizza for dinner ( noooo cooking!!!!!!!!!!) And then my sister calls..

.."Can you & Mike talk?" ..I about fainted..I got nervous..she said "no no I'm not pregnant!" LOL
So I put her on speaker phone, Andy proclaimed his love for her & Matt..then I got nervous while Mike mouthed "SHES PREGNANT!!!" at me, LOL..

So..SUPRISE!! Matt wanted me to feel "tiara special..not "you need a helmet" special" (LOL) So they made us reservations at probably one of the nicest restaraunts around this area.. "No limit..although, no $400 bottles of wine please, but no limit & enjoy yourself!!!" are our requirements... They said they remembered when they were in school & broke & they wanted us to feel special & enjoy some "not parent" time on our date out..

..Okay.. HOW AWESOME IS THAT!?!?! I was actually speechless for a few minutes..ME.. SPEECHLESS.. IIII KKNNOOOWWW!!!!!!!!!!

How totally super awesome AMAZING are they?? I know.. SUPER awesome amazing!! And they're ours.. My sister & brother.. not yours..neiner neiner!! I am a LUCKY duck eh???

So yeah.. today has been one of the best days I've had in um..EEVVVEERR!!!

Yeah... let me pull a 17 year old myspace and say "be jealous" ahh haaa!!!

1 comment:

Kayla said...

claire i am so glad you had an awesome day! That rocks! And your sister and brother in law are so kick ass to do something like that. Hell would be frozen by the time my sister ever realized to do somethign like that for me grrr. So yah I am jealous. And i CANNOT wait to see pictures of Andy's playdate!