Thursday, October 9, 2008

Sew....

..Yeah..

I've been feeling bummed this last week or 2.. We NEED to move.. I mean.. ((sigh)) We live in a college town, which means several things..
1- You can charge outrageous prices for a rental b/c duh...10 guys will split it & pay $100 each per month for the place!!!
2- Anything you can find is next to a fraternity
3- Anything you can find has been trashed by the 10 guys in #1

So.. I dont want to live in an apt. again.. OR a duplex..I'm not a sharing kinda gal..so its hard to find a rental HOUSE for an affordable ( on our loans) price!

But I've just been REALLY wanting to get out of this house lately..Dont get me wrong, our landlords are really nice & this places is a STEAL!! In fact, they're so nice Mike never wants to "bug them" so he does everything himself! @@ ( he says its good karma for his bad rental past, lol) But ya know.. do I really want Andy to start preschool while living on a road that has a pedophile a block away, a bounty hunter whop "keeps out the pedophile & watches our street" ( which isn't BAD, but I'd like somewhere that doesnt NEED the bounty hunter!!!) or somewhere where angry dogs don't jump the fence & roam our street, where cats don't die under our house, where boys don't jump our fence, where ..well.. lots of other unmentionables happen..
Don't get me wrong, we surely don't live "in the ghetto" In fact..we live in the redneck part of town!! And Mike is certainly a good ol' boy (Helooooo Florida!!!) But I mean..when I want to go for a walk..I load the kids, drive 5 miles to my moms & walk THERE..which sort of defeats the whole purpose of walking for exercise/enjoyment..not to mention spontaneity!!

The biggest issue is..this house is f-ing SMALL. I mean..WOW!! I want to ask people instead of toys ( limit ONE toy per kid) to get them books, or a class at a gym, etc..but Mike thinks "that's awkward" =\ But seriously?? We are moving OUR stuff to my moms basement to make room for kids stuff.. its THAT small here.. It isnt un livable, for for 2 adults & 2 kids..its a tid bit cramped...

((((sigh)))) Just needed to whine..

So..spent an hour at the doctors office waiting yesterday to be told "He has eczema..keep doing what your doing! Bye!" @@ Thanks.. So.. I guess Ryan got the sensitive skin gene, poo kiddo!

Had a playdate with Sam today.. Sam said something or other Sam & Sidekick.. it was sweet..they chase eachother & laugh & hugged... they are buddies, I love it. I feel a little like "is this what Misch & Emily were like??" and it makes me smile..

Send some thoughts out to Mikes nana for me.. She had surgery today.. apparently it was deeper than they thought =( Mike only breifly talked about it tonight but I guess they had to take out a nerve or something related to her right side.. Mike didnt really want to talk about it.. so.. thats a stinker..
=(
We're really thinking about her today & hoping she makes an amazing recovery!!

I sewed curtains!!! Check out
before -


yes..its messy..that isnt the point!!!


& after-




..still messy & STILL not the point..



I even painted the picture frames for that back 4!!! ( the bed is usually on the other side so those 3 frames look a bit lost, LOL)

My mom cute the fabric, I helped pin but I did all the sewing ((brag)) She even made me do finished seams, LOL!! Not the easy route I had planned.. I just need to find the perfect ribbon now & make balloon ties from the top so the bottom can be tied up! I found an amazing lamp base today at Gabes for $3 that matches PERFECT! Mike even likes it =0) Yay me!



This, is a lamp that I remember being in my sister & I'd room..when I was THREE...













little stem thingy on the base, lol..but the thing about it is, inside that "bird hole" is a night light!! PERFECT for what Andy needs at night!!!


So..I am re finishing it.. I'd cleaned it & re painted a bit of it today.. but it takes a clip on shade..which they ONLY make for chandelier lights now ( aka 3x5 in big!!) so.. this might take awhile.. ((sigh))




I also made an ugly doll ( did I already post this??????)









..thank God its an ugly doll b/c I sure made that thing UGLY as sin!! Look at its legs/feet, LOL!! Ah.. not TOO bad for a prototype I guess.. Andy hates it.. go figure.. but hey..it probably cost all of $5 to make.. one that big costs $50, not including shipping, LOL. So.. screw it right?? I like it.. the fabric is OH so soft...



I need to make the bed skirt now ( aka try to convince my mom to make it for me b/c I hear its hard!!)



This Saturday Mike & I will have our SECOND date since Ryan was born!!!!! (I dont count us going to the chiropractor alone a date, sorry..) We've had a low of close to 30 degrees this last week & its going back up to the 70's this weekend, so we're going to go hike at the Lock. We fell in love at Metroparks, and that was one we only did once but I really have wanted to go back to, so we're going to go hit up our old trails for some hiking, maybe I'll pack a picnic!! I'm excited, it'll be like old times.. only with wedding vows, extra weight on both of us, we'll both be sober & we'll be walking more than skipping along kissing behind bushes, LOL..Ah...the good old days.. youth ((sigh)) I love my husband =0) I'm excited, we havent been to this one since we left for FLA!!! I hope we'll be able to hit a few trails , depending on how long my mom can handle 2 kiddos!!!



Pics....









..yeah..I know.. he is, isnt he??



Argh, arent they ADORABLE?? Andy was asking to snuggy Ryne! ;-)






So..whoever is reading from Pakistan..Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Aww have a great date night! I love the pictures, especially of the one Andy snuggling Ryne! that's ADORABLE

Anonymous said...

I like thinking that Andy will use the lamp we both had, how sweet! That picture of the boys on the couch/bed(?) was the best. There was a sort of similar one of us on the old couch in Brady Lake when we were a bit older. Hope you 2 have a great date! The curtains/bed look great. I love that shabby chic stuff!

love,
misch

Dani said...

I totally understand what it's like to pack too many people into a too small house. I hate our apartment. We live in a duplex (second floor) and the house next door is also rented by two families (Same landlord). The new neighbors don't know how to park and *I* have to park across the street pregnant with two little kids because they take my spot on a daily basis. We have two bedrooms and soon we'll have three kids. I've gotten rid of MY stuff to make room for the toys. Poor Owen's dresser is in the dining room because there's no room anywhere else, and Delaney has a tiny one in the closet. Our landlord actually SUCKS, but Mark won't move unless I move far away. Sorry, but I'm not doing that with everything going on with my family. Blah. Sorry...I just wanted to let you know I can relate to the crappy living arrangement thing.