Monday, October 27, 2008

Trick or Treat!

Yesterday was Trick or Treat. I've been prepping Andy .. so he would say "say trick or treat" ( I say say before hand & he repeats that part too, lol)
My best friend drove up to see us & wound up T or T'ing with us too! Andy didnt quite get the hang of it til the 3rd house maybe.. when he found someone who insisted he "take another...one more!" When he finished, said thank you & turned to walk back, the biggest grin EVER lit up his sweet little face.. like "THIS..is... AMAZING." lol! He decided "Shammon" is much cooler than mom & asked her to hold his hand the whole way, which was sweet to see, but the mom in me, of course, was a bit hurt. But, HE chose it, so.. I let them be.


I wound up feeling a little left out so Mike swapped Ryan in the Ergo to me, thanks Mike.. and we ventured on.. Andy isnt pushy, he isnt rude & he isnt greedy. I realized..I already knew all of that, but he thanked every person & other kids pushed past him & he didnt bat an eye. Not that I want him to be a push over, believe me, but I like to think that hes better mannered than some of the kids who were needing to be told several times "just ONE" and then ran away yelling "this house only gives out ONE!!" in a ticked off manner... Andy was just thrilled to realize all he had to do was ask & say thank you & people gave him treats!!!


We probably only got about 10 houses before it started to rain, so we all loade dup & went home. Where Andy was thrilled with his loot.. I gave him a mini chocolate bar & then he asked for M&Ms while I was cooking..I did the ((tug tug tug)) wow Buddy, its stuck, i cant open it!!! That we usually do & he gives in & I guess I tugged a bit too hard b/c the bag flew open & Andy was THRILLED!! LOL.

Here are some pictures from the last few days..






(we were black eyed peas....And Mike just wanted to wear a cowboy hat, lol)












2 comments:

Kayla said...

i love them! So glad that Andy had a blast t or ting! I can't wait to take Ayden this weekend.
I was a black eyed pea once, and boy was that black hard to get off!

Anonymous said...

I love the whole family in costume. Andy is the cutest astronaut of all time! Miss you all,
love,
misch