Thursday, November 27, 2008

Breakfast Meat & Brothers


I've been working on this blog in my head for WEEKS now.

Andy has a major love for breakfast meat.. He asks for sausage in the morning, he likes bacon.. He is truly MY child. On a cloth diaper forum I post on.. once someone said " I mean, who REALLY needs more than 2 pieces anyway?" And I thought.... shit... Last time my sister visited when I was still pregnant, Mike made me like, a whole PLATE of sausage!! .. Then again..I DO tend to gain 40-60 lbs in my pregnancy, LOL.

So.. The other day we had abuddy, Sam come over in the AM so his mommy coul dget to work when her usual kiddo watcher was sick & Mike work oup & found a pound of thick cut peppered bacon I had in the fridge for a dinner. He spent the whoel time frying, and baking .. bacon. Attempting to find "the trick"

And our house smelled like bacon..and it was FABulous.


So.. It has been giving me this fond memory when I realized how TRULY wonderful my BROTHER, Matt ( my sisters hubby!) is..

Ahh yes.. I remember it all too well ((fog comes in as I recall..))))

We were visiting them at his parents house in FL, Andy was just a few weeks old.. Matt was inpressed with Andys massive farting ability ( which by the way..Matt.. he farted on Mikes back while sleeping last night.. a pusher, Mike told me..and he told me today in the car "Butt FARTED!!!" ...Hes so sweet, isnt he???)
But then the perfect moment came.. It was breakfast... bacon, ham, sausage, steak?? Mike & I were perplexed with the decision.... We stood there..debating.. Steak is a given.. but how would we EVER choose between the rest??

I cant recall the exact words.. the memory is just TOO intense.. but something along the lines of "can we have them all?" and Matt's "somethingsomething ...after my own heart" and I just thought "Wow..I TRULY know why Mischa loves him now.. he is AMAZING."

Ah yes... So.. Lately, in our love for breakfast meats.. I've been thinking lots of my meat faithful brother.. Matt.. I toast to you.. tomorrow morning..I will raise my sausage link in the air.. I will eat it.. and then..I will make some bacon. You are truly a brother of substance.. Greasy, fatty, meaty goodness substance. Just the way I always envisioned my perfect brother in law!!!

xo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire-- It's your legal bro, Matt. I was so moved by your proclamation on breakfast meats that I had your sister teach me how to comment on your blog so that I could comment on your blog and say that I appreciate your love of breakfast meats and am happy to see that you are sharing your love of breakfast meats with the world... yes, Claire, the world. Keep up the fight and spread the good word. Matt