Tuesday, July 29, 2008

=(

There really isn't anything worse than a sick kid. Today I remembered crossing my eyes to watch the thermometer in my mouth creeping up, thinking "Yay! No school!" and no matter how bad I felt ( or pretended to feel) I loved seeing the numbers rise.. Well..today I realized, when your the parent, seeing those numbers rise really isn't the same anymore.


Andy is sick. He woke up at 6am.. laid there whispering to me & I just tried to ignore him so he'd go back to sleep.. we snuggled..he did.. We woke up at 9:15 and wow..he felt hot! i took his temp & it was 101.6.. I gave him some Tylenol & we just snuggled all morning in between taking care of Ryan.,.He ate a good breakfast..more than usual in fact & played a bit, but was just sluggish & tired & wanted to be held alot..
At 11:15 he went down for a four hour nap.. Andy NEVER naps more then 2 hours unless he's been out & about ALL morning..He woke up BURNING up, I mean hot to the touch..His temp was 103.4.. we called the doctor & they said if it hits 104 to go to the ER they couldn't get him in today & if it keeps up for another day or so to get him in to them..

So.. we've been alternating Motrin & Tylenol, poor baby..He felt go nice & cool for a little while this evening & before it was even near time for his next dose, he got blazing hot again =(

Hes got a bit of a cough, his nose is running from crying & he is just sleepy & sad seeming..

So.. I'm praying Ryan doesn't catch whatever is going on with Andy,he was a touch fussy himself tonight.. Think about us & send some get well vibes, would ya? I don't think I can handle TWO sick nurslings right now.. I really don't =(

3 comments:

Kayla said...

Aww poor Andy! I hope he is feeling better today mama, and that those icky germs stay away from Ryan!

Pamela said...

Awe poor Andy.=( I hope he feels better soon and Ryan doesn't get it.

Jen said...

I hope Ryan is feeling better today! It sucks when the kiddos are sick : (