Monday, July 28, 2008

Blueberries!

I LOVE blueberries. My family tells a story about how my dad used to hold me in one arm & a bowl that hand & pick blueberries out of our yard.. He'd put one in the bowl, I would eat one from the bowl.. I ate them all.. basically.
So when we moved to a new house, I asked "Where are the blueberries???"

So, my mom found "the blueberry lady" as we call her. They have a huge blueberry orchard.. if thats what you call massive amounts of blueberry bushes..an orchard, that is.

We've been picking blueberries there since I was 4 or 5 years old. This weekend my mom & I went to pick & took Andy with us!!!

He liked looking at the ducks on the lake.. he liked running up the hill.. h eliked picking up stones to put in his bucket.. he loved sitting inside his new red wagon.. and yes..he LOVED eating berries out of MY bucket!!! I tried to distract him "Go help Gramma!" (help being eat from her bucket, of course) which worked for awhile, he'd pick a berry, Gramma would tell him 'that ones green, we just want blue!" and he would try to put it back on the bush as Gramma laughed..

Then he'd cut through the maze of bushes, run to me yelling & eat more berries, then take of, tearing around a corner, under a bush to Gramma!

It was fun, kind of cool to see MY little boy picking berries just like I once did... Maybe in a few summers I'll get to take both boys.. All 3 boys! Mike went last year while I set up Andys birthday party.. so it would be fun for all of us to go!!!


Photobucket

Photobucket
Eating my berries!

Photobucket
Walking with Gramma

Photobucket
The final product.. I picked them aalll myself! haha

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh how fun! Send some my way. :)I love blueberries and they cost a ton here. :(

Kayla said...

And how long did the blueberries last? Between you, Andy and Mike I am sure not long. I am not fond of blueberries really... but watermelon :/