Thursday, August 21, 2008

ugh.

What a day.. I guess I'll start from the beginning...

A few years ago I picked at this little cut/scratch/whatever on my leg & it scarred & I always thought ( since i'm rather shallow, admittedly) that it wasnt super attractive. So, I asked my doctor about it at a visit I had anyway last Monday.She said its a really common effect, something just doesnt heal right & leaves this little raised scar.. They often burn them off with a cryo treatment, do I want to try it?
Uhm, sure! Who cares that your going to burn my flesh off, I mean.. if it'll get rid of the scar, duh!

So in the nurse comes & explains the longer I can "take it" the better.. so I really let the lady dish it out, I let her do the max alloted time on a piece of skin b/c as much as it hurt, my vanity is quite worth it.. Even the student watching was like "OMG you must have a high pain tolerance!!!" Not really.. just vain..

So anyway! As she finishes she walked out the door with a casual "so in a few minutes it'll start to hurt much much worse than it does right now.."

Awesome. Thanks bunches lady.

OMG It KILLED.. But I didnt touch it, even when it blistered & I was DYING to pop it..I left it alone! (tough for me, I'm a picker!)

So, that was 10 days ago & the thing just feels warm & looks red, and it HURTS.. So I called the doctor b/c its obviously infected..Neosporin isnt doing crap for it.
The nurse asks if I have a fever "well then how can you be sure it is infected?" Uhm.. My sister said to this "because you'd really WAIT til you have a fever from it??" Idiot nurse...

So my doctor is on vacation & her partner is gone so "I'd go to a med center, you dont want that sitting on your leg if it is infected" Thanks.. loads.

So I go to med center & thats a WHOLE different story..YIKES.I wont even start but ya know thos epeople who choose the chair NEXT to you when the whole room is empty?? I hate those people.. I really really do..especially when they talk to you.....

But anyway..basically a really... elderly...nurse practioner listens to every single inch of my back while I do those stupid deep breaths & then my chest..I kid you not..she even put the thing on my BOOB. When she was done she was like "well ,those are good" Which after listening to my boobs..I was like "huh.." but she was so old she didnt mean it like that, but Mike & I got a good laugh anyway!!

So she starts talking & since I'm allergic to everything under the sun it leaves one family of antibiotics left..and it isnt safe for a nursing mother.. Go figure. So she starts talking about a culture.. and swabs my nasty wound & then I'm thinking..culture..what?? So I ask exactly what that will entail & she explains how they will try to grow it & if it grows, they will place it in several petry dishes to see what antibiotics kill it.. Ew.. Okay..So she starts talking about how if its MRSA that I can have the sulfa, but the only thing is in the dose I'd need it, I'd need to keep an eye on the baby for a reaction & I just freak out..WHAT the hell is this woman TALKING about!!! I havent been feeling good this last week either..could that be a side effect?? AM I GOING TO DIE?!?!??!?!

So..long story shot, a doctor comes in ( the chatty guy I've met when my doctor was on maternity leave, go figure) and they have a 120 minute conversation with eachother about the chains that make the difference in ceclor & erythromycin.. Exilerating... Finally he Rx'd me a Z-Pak & told me " it really shouldnt give you hives, most people with penecillian allergies do ok with it, but you might get a bad stomach ache"
Which of course..It did..

So now my wild imagination gets to wait til Saturday for the results to find out if my leg is going to fall off with MRSA due to my vain shallow self.. ((sigh)) Only me does this nonsense happen to!!! She said she'd nearly 90% sure it isnt, but they woul djust want to be cautious since it has been out in the public the last year or 2.. Gross!!

And the best part? As I left she laughs "I dont even know why they cryo anymore.. when I see anyone in family practice, I just send them to have it lasored off if they need scar removal.. its painless, Cryo is just brutal, it really burns your skin!"

..Thanks...



So yeah..EXCITING huh???????


To cheer us all up from my disgusting morning adventure we all went to the park tonight, Andy ran around & I laid on a blanket with Ryan for all of 10-15 minutes til we all got eaten by bugs & the weird kid rolling glass balls acrossed his body's friends showed up..Then we got ice cream.Yay!!


Photobucket
My Favorite!


Photobucket
Andy & Mike

Photobucket

Photobucket
Andy insisted on wearing his cow poke hat... Yee Haw!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah..between the bugs, the possible MRSA outbreak & a usual case of Andy fits over ice cream & leaving his stick behind at the park.. Today was an adventure!! Tomorrow we're thinking about going to Bridal Falls.. now THAT could be interesting!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

OK you would think the infection and all the stuff would have turned me off but I totally have a scar on my leg I hate too. I am going to ask my doctor to remove it LOL. Its totally gross. It is like an inch long and raised. I cried for almost a week after it healed and I seen how ugly it was. I even went as far as to blame Glenn because he was at work and I couldnt go have it stitched up LOL

EmilytheCreative said...

Ouch. That sounds like it hurts like heck. I would have freaked if they started burning my leg. What we women do to feel beautiful. Hope it heals for you soon!!

-Emily-

Cheli said...

Sulfa drugs won't do crap if it's MRSA so don't let them put you on those if that's the case. And NO your leg is not going to fall off if it is. I promise ;) Keep it dry and clean and keep taking the Z-Pack.. Doug is allergic to all too and the Z-Pack is the least.. ummm.. upsetting? Of the antibiotics. (((((((((((Claire)))))))))))) Now hopefully after all that, the dang scar goes away.

Hailey said...

Dude why can't anything ever go simple for you.
I am sure it isn't MRSA, I mean it can't be right.
EEK...sorry you had to go through that...but I totally love the pictures.
And Andy is so cute with his hat...him and Skye can live on a farm with lots of horseys LOL.