Saturday, August 30, 2008

Why every mom needs fresh flowers....

My parents always have fresh flowers on the kitchen table. My dad does the grocery shopping & I always used to unwrap them when he came home & arrange them in a vase & set them on the table..I never thought much about it, sure, they looked & smelled nice.. but that was all.
As I got older & dated, I had my share of flowers from boyfriends, but I never really got the thrill of them.. They die.. I mean..buy me something that isnt going to die in a week if you want to buy me something that badly, ya know???

I always told Mike "flowers just die, dont bother" So he would buy me a potted mineature rose plant instead, or something that isnt living..

Then spring came & I was excited to clip the huge peonies in my back yard, they are one of my favorite scents! Once they died, I was clipping irises, lilies, tulips & all the other flowers that popped up.. I'd arrange them in the wall waves behind the TV, and on the entertainment stand, and on the kitchen table & wow.. I just felt so much happier looking at them every day!!! I finally told Mike 'we will always have fresh flowers at home" and he was like ..yeah whatever..of course..

My parents sent us a dozen gorgeous roses this week "just cause" and they are BEAUTIFUL!!! I had just bought myself a big bouquet of lilies the day before.. so our house is full of beauty & smells amazing..

Then I realized.....


No WONDER I like them so much...

What do you see when you look at this picture??? (Lets play eye spy..Minus the canned tomatoes...((gag))

Photobucket

Ah..you see a half eaten bowl of "car soup", one of Andys flowers ( aka fake) and a bucket full of toys & a HUGE mess..dont you???
Well I see really pretty lilles!!!

What do you see here???

Photobucket



a library card? Dental floss?? Bust the Boogy man Dust? Teething drops perhaps... or maybe the famous book of 2000 stickers ( laundry's worst nightmare)

Nope..I just see some gorgeous roses...

Like they say..denile 'aint just a river in Egypt people..

So go buy yourself some flowers mamas.. and plunk them down where you'll see them often.. and then push the chicken stock thats holding open the baby gate to the side & brush the chex mix off the couch & sit down & breathe in the sweet scent of posies =0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You're on to something there!!
The flowers are beautiful!!!
Wonder if they would help me block out my 4 hootin and hollerin children? LOL

Hailey said...

Dude I looked at the pictures and couldn't get past them to see anything else, so there you have it, buy them so you can disguise all the clutter..I LOVE IT!