Thursday, August 14, 2008

We're alive!!!

What a busy last week or so.. Its the final week of Mikes summer chem class so he's been SO busy with that that any spare moments I sure haven't spent on the computer..I spend them hiding from my children, trying to find silence.

So lets see..whats new...

The kittens are fine.

Photobucket


I'll save you the long dramatic guesstimate of what we think happened to them.. But they're back & we are still obsessed with them..Mike & I actually chased them around the yard the other night trying desperately to catch one so we could "pet pet pet" it! We actually scared one so bad it ran into the fence....oops...Our neighbor still hates us though, no idea why..

Andy had his 2 year well baby check.. Hes 30 pounds and 38.6 inches tall. He is "Taller than the average 3 year old" ..As if we didn't know that already! We've been watching kids smaller than him WALK since he was 6 months old!! However.... as tall as Andy is at 2 years old..Here is a comparison of how tall Ryan is at barely 4 months old....


Photobucket
Iiii Knoooww!!! (in the Rachael Ray voice) He's already almost up to Andy's shoulders!! That outfit Ryan is wearing was Andy's... He wore it around his first birthday, its 24 months!!!


Here is a picture of Ryan with our dog, Echo...

Photobucket

He was stroking her..it was adorable.

This is Andy at around 6 months with her...

Photobucket

(omg I have tried 60 times to resize this picture and I just cant, so.. sorry!!)

That's actually, probably the closest picture I have that they look even remotely similar.
Some people say they look alike, but truly, they don't. Andy had a THICK head of black straight hair. Ryan has curly light brown/blondish hair. He has a good amount of hair compared to some babies, but its nothing like Andy's was.
Ryan's face is a bit longer, where Andy's is rounder. Andy had HUGE eyes right from the start & Ryan has slightly more almond shaped eyes. The difference in their eyes is Andy always looked wide awake & sort of wild eyed when he actually is just waking up, Ryan looks very sleepy & like he can barely pry his eyes open when he awakes.

Andy was an easy baby but Ryan is much easier.. The only thing we've done different with Ryan is a different vaccination schedule. Andy wasn't at all into solid food until he was close to a year old, Ryan is already reaching for things.

Ah.. I'll stop drifting off into mommy land.. Its just so interesting, and weird, and special having more than one child. The comparing, the realization that it IS possible to love 2 children the same.. Its crazy I tell you, CRAZY.

Heres my 2 favorite new pictures...


Photobucket

Photobucket




I'll try to do better keeping updates!! (how many times this year do you think I'll promise this, anyone want to bet??)

Tata!!!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Oh Claire I <3 you!! After my depressing blog it was nice to come over here and have a laugh. I know I can always count on you for that. Ryan is getting more and more adorable everytime I see him.

Kayla said...

Such cute pics! I am sure Ryan and Ayden are nearly the same height! Kidding, but I am sure they are close! I was beginning to worry about you since it had been a while since you blogged last! Again i loveeee your blog! =)

Hailey said...

Claire, I agree the boys don't look that much alike. I mean when Ryan was first born I thought they looked very similiar, but now not so much.
And dude you have HUGE kids...which makes me excited for when Skye and Andy get married, maybe my grandkids have hope of being tall LOL.
I love you dear :)