Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Zoo

Forwarning- when you look at the pics..note Andys gorgeous haircut..Mike *faded* his hair last night =0X
After seeing these pics of how it looks in the daylight I took manicure scissors to it while he took a nap today, LOL. Yikes!


Well, we decided to take Andy out for a day of just him, Daddy & me & leave Ryan with my mom for a morning..We thought we'd head over to the zoo! No, not the big one, the smaller one closer to where we live.. I believe the last time I was there I was probably 7 & it was mostly a petting zoo, but I heard its been re-done so we thought we'd check it out..

Let me just start by saying..I really have a soft spot for animals & for some reason, I never remember how cruel the zoo truly is until I get there & then I feel guilty the whole time for paying & supporting this sad sad place..But let me say..HOLY CRAP. This one made me feel like CRAP!! I mean, the animals spots were SOOO tiny, the jaguar was apane of glass away from a goat..Thats just sick & twisted! The large zoo near us is pretty nice, they have a really lareg amoutn of animals & they have more for area for them to be in, to play, explore..I mean..as much as you can at a zoo, ya know? That goodness this small one doesnt have elephants, I'd hate to see where they kept THEM!


So.. for those of you who recall, Mike & I had a really hard time decided what hospital to use when we had Ryan..they're both basically in the ghetto & we live in the redneck part of our town for petes sake.. So.. this zoo is literally like a block from the hospital we chose.. if that says anything and its literally SMACK in the middle of the ghetto. I'm talking condemned houses ghetto people, not an overexagerated Claire version of the ghetto!!

I kid you not, when we left, we pulled up to a stop light & the boarded up gas station acrossed the intersection had several young men hanging out in it.. We sat there at the light & I was like "Mike...i think his pants are down" Mike goes "Sure are, around his ankles!" We thought maybe it was the droopy look..until I saw his hand reach around his backside..Dude was pooping. Seriously. Mike decided the light had taken long enough & made a wise choice to just go through the red light..I mean seriously.. Sit at a light for 20 minutes & watch some 17 year old poop.. or just go? Yeah..

So.. Yeah.. it was interesting..to say the least....

On that cheery note..Heres some pics!



Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Seriously though..other than the animals being seriously depressed, you couldnt tell you were inside the crappy end of town..except for a few exibits that you could see boarded up houses behind & even a highway (right behind the bald eagles, of all places..Gooooo America!!!) But uh.. Yeah..we had fun, cranky Andy & Daddy & all.. Next time we'll go to the GOOD zoo! lol

Edit To Add;
I almost forgot!! On the way TOO the zoo this gigantic curly blonde man in some funky black drapey cloth thing gets out of a parked car, comes to our car & knocks..Mike cracks the window & this scandanavian thickly accented somesortof man of the cloth asks for directions, then just turns & walks away. Weeiirrd!!!!!

2 comments:

Cheli said...

OK seriously that would have CREEPED me out.

angela said...

LOVE your background colors!! Had to redo mine too :)