Sunday, September 28, 2008

custard & playgrounds..

Andy has been asking "playground?" ever day since we've started going every other day or so.. he'll ask "one more time??" (which is what I tell him as we wrap it up & hes headed up for the slide!) so.. I took him again today.. just us. He ventured into uncharted territory! He climbed some "rock walls" and even went down a SUPER steep slide on his own. He only got a breif flash of terror before he liked it, it was FAST!!!

The local custard place is seasonal, and todays flavor was banana..I always remember whenever we'd drive by & my mom saw it was banana..the odds of us stopping were good. So I looped around after a good play at the play ground & took him into grab a bowl of banana to split.. We sat on the bench, eating while he talked to me & then we got in the car to go grab a pizza for Dad..He asked for the bowl so I um..crammed down a few bites of my own before handing it over.. At a stop light I asked for a bite "No."

...okay....

Then he coughed..I ALWAYS cough when I eat ice cream..I remember as a kid ( I was bribed alot.. seriously.. $10 to go off the diving board, etc etc) my dad said "I bet you cant eat ice cream ONCE all the way through with out coughing!!!" I remember finally, possibly 2 years later I DID!! I ran to tell him & asked "what do I get??" He said "...I just said I bet you couldnt..I didn't get anything on it!!" haha.. silly dad..I was quite dissapointed, obviously, as I still recall it so well!!

But it was sort of cool, to watch my little guy eating banana custard,this special seasonal treat, to see him cough, just like me & then laugh as he spooned more in anyway..

Yeah..I just thought it was really great, a good "mental picture" as I call them, when you don't have a camera, so you take a mental picture, so you wont forget... =0)

2 comments:

Pamela said...

That is so sweet. =)

Anonymous said...

Banana ice cream always reminds me of Mom too and is one of my favorites.

-misch