Friday, September 5, 2008

Welp..

Man.. my house is a MESS.. I just slammed the chair into the table & a bottle of Chipolte Cracked Pecan Air Spray came tumbling at my head!! Yikes..

Eh.. it can wait..I dont want to bend over today....

So! I thought I'd just blog instead of emailing the people who wanted to hear about the chiro =)

Yesterday I felt ALOT better, but by the evening I was nearly in tears my back hurt SO bad.. So, early to bed.. Ryan randomly woke up HYSTERICAL at 12am..he NEVER does this.. He always wakes up at 5:40something AM soaked through his diaper & outfit & wanted to play.. for an hour...I lay there & will him back to sleep while he smacks my face a bit.. Yay.

Got up today, felt alot better than last night! Mike starts joking about how I'm going to have this super sexy chrio who will have me bend over & touch my toes ( which he did!!) and he will "check me out with his tool" and I'll say (use silly girly voice) Oh..handsome Mr. Chiropractor.. More pressure right thhherrreee!!!" ((this is where he makes a eye lash batting slutty stupid girl face gesture)) In fact..he was teasing so much I got NERVOUS!!!

So.. I told him I'd put on extra makeup & to take care of the boys when I run off with the back cracker ( who I actually called b/c the name was a woman, lol) and kissed them all & left..

Got there, saw a pamphlet about kids Vax's.. Huh.. open it.. Its ANTI VACCINATION!! I about peed myself.. a medical professionals office who I found that doesn't believe in vaccinations?!??! Holy crap.. So they have me watch a little video, he comes & this really big, muscular bald guy comes in... Oh..this is the husband..its a wife & husband practice!! "Mike would laugh" I think..
After chatting about kids, vaccinations ( or lack there of) the hormones in milk & the benefits of organic and or home grown food I think we both were quite tickled ( for lack of better words) that we both knew so much about these same subjects! I have yet to meet someone in this area who has even some of the same views as I do on vaccinations, much less a medical person!!
When I said "personal exemption" in response to his "dont let the school pressure you, they'll tell you its mandatory but you can have.." and his eyes actually twinkled to realize I knew what I was talking about & I felt sort of like "Ha!" LOL.. I think people often think I have no idea what I'm talking about b/c I'm so young.. some people just sort of give me a humoring look when I talk & dont actually treat me like I know my stuff.. jerks.

We talked about Mike, who he said he can definately work on ( for Mikes degerative disc disorder..) and about having 2 boys ( they have 2 boys too!) He even asked about the nursing ( since I had to list it on the info sheet) and seemed pretty shocked for how young I am that I knew all this stuff about health benefits, etc, he even said "Wow, most young people who have kids just stand in line for whatever they're told!!" We chatted about everything from what my parents do,to how he'd like to get some tattoos but "I work with older ladies..and that scares them" to how he only buys milk from a farmer down the road & they get 90% of their food from "soem Amish guy" LOL..And he even talked to me about the children he works with ( he has a play room for kids & a board full of patients pictures) i told him Andy would freak out & he said he didnt think so.. so we're interested to see what Andy thinks tomorrow!!
It was quite different than a regular doctors appointment!!! Its nice to have someone tlak to you thats on the same page as you & isnt talking down to you in terms of medical care, which since i'm nursing, I find alot of doctors do, they treat me like I'm an idiot because they dont know what a nursing mother can & can not take in terms of medication, and I do.,. they look at me like I'm making it up, or I should "just supplement then" @@ Right.. I'm going to give my child formula b/c you think this L2 med "isnt safe" and you wont Rx it for me b/c I dont use formula??? Okkaayy..Obviously..thats a story for another day, huh??

So..I got some X-rays.. apparently I have some scoliosis in my lower back! Which is funny b/c you know the *test* they give you in elementary school to check for it? I got a call back to be re checked.. my mom had told me I have a slightly twisted/set at an angle part of my spine in the lower part..So this was interesting to hear!!

So..then I got 10 minutes of Elect.Stim on the lower back & then he snapped, cracked & pop my neck & back for a few minutes.. Quite interesting!!

Then he says "well, we'll see the rest of the x-rays tomorrow & figure out a treatment plan..so..bring your husband & the kids & we'll get to work on him tomorrow too!"

So, I go back in the AM, My mom is going to watch Ryan so we'll take Andy, see what he thinks he can do for Mike ( I'm really interested to see what could come of this for him!) and then we'll go acrossed the street to our favorite dirt cheap awesome Mexican joint!!

I called Mike & told him "Its true..I'm in love" & thought of how Angela said shes in love with her chiro.. LOL But then I told him about how we talked about vax's, tattoos, even how he knoiws exactly what Mikes problem is, he has some friends that got out of the Army with a back problem just like Mikes..and I told Mike "but You might fall in love too!!"

So, I get to meet his wife tomorrow, he told me to make sure I tell her who I am so we can talk about "stuff" ( I'm assuming that means the natural ways of parenting we both do) which I'm excited for. I'm never met ( in real life) Other families in this area like this, so thats exciting all in its own!! My mom was saying that alot of chiropractors seem to be more into the holistic side of medicine & he obviously is, so I'm pretty pleased! I'm sort of hoping I can get some more info about childrens doctors in this area from them, the boys doctors are nice & all.. but... eh.. Well.. you know.. LOL

So.. there ya have it.. I'm about to become a back gimp like my husband & my dad.. ( Dad.. since you've admitted to reading my blog, I'm been waiting for something to force a comment out of you..if calling you a gimp wont do it...I dont know what will!!!!) Hopefully this will help me out & the pain will go away soon, Mike will meracuously make a wonderful recovery & be able to feel much better on a daily basis after his visits..and maybe I can even talk my dad into going!! (I'm telling you dad, maybe it'll help!!!)


Today has just been a good day!! Its rainy, Mike & I watched some LD ( Thats Larry David for those of you who arent lucky enough to know).. only 2 esisodes leeffttt!!! eek!! I made a "big salad" for us for lunch while both boys napped.. I got some books & DVDs at the Library & now we're all hanging out eating strawberries!! I like days like today..I wish we had them every day!!!!

5 comments:

Jess said...

OMFG isn't Larry David, the funniest?!?! I like, pee my pants everytime I watch him!
Ok enough about me and my accidents...
That's awesome you had such a great appointment :)

Anonymous said...

I knew you'd love it!! I love Chiro's.. They totally rock! And everyone I've been to is totally awesome, and usually holistic!

Pamela said...

Ok I think you have convinced me to go. I will look into it this week. :) That is so awesome to find someone who shares your views. I am so sick of society and their looking down to the "better" way of raising a child. I guess Dr's dont want kids to be healthy because that means more money for them. @@ Kayden has been to the Dr one time for being sick in his almost 17 months of life. I guess I am doing something right. =)

angela said...

See!! I told you! My love affair has been going on for years lol! They are the best "doctors" because they don't believe in all the medical crap that others do. They believe in natural healing and I swear it works!
I have also taken my babies right after they are born to work out their kinks and anytime they get an ear infection, take them to the chiro....they adjust the neck and it drains the fluid out of the ear so no pain and def. no antibiotics :)

Kayla said...

Glad it all went well! That is awesome that your chiro is kick Arse (just in case your parents are reading it). Glad you had a good all around visit!