Thursday, September 18, 2008

Is this weird??

So.. today I was *cleaning*.. I somehow managed to lose the before picture..buuutt..it looked like Toys R Us had the flu & vomited in my living room..

Here is after...


So..I have officially decided.. Family members are "allowed" ONE toy per holiday per child... You can get them a toy, a book, clothes,a donation to either the childs savings account or college account, etc etc etc...but only ONE actual TOY.. Atleast for the next 2-3 years..while we can still "get away with it" so to speak... Our house is incredibly.....TINY. I mean..SMALL..Its BAD. We got Andy that car for his birthday, Ryan stil has his swing, bouncer, play mat.. my goodness...Seriously, it looks like a sick toystore in this house!!! I just figure.. for the next year or 2.. while "they dont know any better".. Ryan will still be growing into Andys barely used toys.. Andy has enough toys & doesnt REALLY *get it* in terms of gifts yet, so that he'll know hes being jipped.. And then before we know it, We'll be moving the baby toys out & we'll be ready for new holidays & scary large/crazy/big new toys!! Is that crazy of me to want to ask that of people?? Let me know your thoughts, before I do so...
I havent set up Ryans accounts yet ( oops) but Andy has a savings account & also a college fund my parents started for him.. I know if I turned 18 & my parents had told me "Here is $______..you can use it for college, or for something you wish.." I'd have blown that quicker than Kurt Cobain blew coke!! So..this is nice because Andy will have "his" money, yet also money that is specifically FOR college.. Ryan will get a college account for his 2nd birthday, and he will get a savings account whenever my lazy butt opens one...

Ahh! ANYWAY!!!
Now on to the random..

I was chatting on the phone with Hailey today & she asked what I was doing..I told her cleaning out the hall closet.. she was impressed & I laughed & told her I was simply trying to make room inside of that junk, for more junk!!! (ear cancer)

but its true..My husband is a horder of CRAP. he keeps it all..I cant judge..I did the same thing...when I was TEN.



Did you know Matthew Mccononughey was arrested for having marijuana.... and being found, naked..beating on the bongos in his home?? Yep..Nifty huh??

The kittens came inside today, just a few feet into the back room..Ahh...I can hear my mother now "the fleas, the germs, the lack of shots..." I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW.. But we're seriously considering working on them, and when its time, getting shots, front declawed ( I know, its cruel, but we sort of HAVE to for kids.. ya know??) and shots & taking them in.. We love them, and truly? They love us... (seriously..negative comments need not apply here...)

Hailey's dad shot this super huge Elk..and I have been in awe all day...
Hailey..stealing pics....



I mean..HOOLLYYY POOPERS!!! That thing is HUGE!!!!
I love Hailey.she has awesome stories for me.. and the weird thing is, I am super against/anti animal killing..but ya know..the way she puts it, and explains the process ( flies..EW!) I actually find it more interesting than upsetting!! So, I guess I believe in killing animals for a cause.. but if you kill them just to kill them, and leave them to rot, or just for display, thats one thing..but if your killing them & you will use every last part of them that you are able..I guess thats one thing.. Man hunts..((scratches armpits))I guess thats just how it is.. and I really really like a nice medium rare filet.. so.. I oughta just get over it...
Anyway..I thought it was really cool, b/c I've never seen that sort of thing..There are lots of other interesting pics, but I suppose this is a blog about me, not Haileys dad.. (Hailey.. can they write off a Brand sweatshirt for me??I kid you not woman...) so I wont post them all, but I found it REALLY facinating!!

I am a lucky lucky lady..I've talked to both Sierra AND Hailey with in the last ((counting)) 4 days!!! Love them... Sweet amazing women!! Both of them for very different reasons...

Speaking of fabulous women..I miss my sister!! Andy does too..I was on the phone with Hailey & he was asking "Hi Mischa!!!"


Boy..I used to agree with the saying "The eldest gets the brains, the second gets the looks" ( not that I was saying she was ugly, far from it..but I mean.. come on.. I used to be hot people..) but now that I'm fat & bogged down with kiddos.. well.. damn..my sister's got it going on huh!!?? Shes the nice one ( always has been), shes a DOCTOR for craps sake ( I am 3 credits shy of my associates, lol) and shes freakin' gorgeous.. Mischa.. if you wernt my best friend..I think I might hate you!!!!

HeeeHeee..I love you Misch.. And I miss you... alot.. I had a REALLY REALLY REALLY nice time with you...I mean, this goes into the record books.. and makes me teary thinking about all the amazing things we talked about over chips & a drink.. I never ever ever would have thought we'd have come this far..I am VERY proud to be your sister.

Enough sappy stuff..On to CVS!!!


Got a call today... About 5 something..cell phone number.. the pharmacist supervisor of the local stores.. personal cell phone.. Interesting.. We talked..he apologized & explaied he will be taking action with Michelle _________ and that perhaps she lacks some education & she needs to spend some time inside a pain clinic, to see exactly what people who have an on-going Rx for a pain medication TRULY go through.. He was quite nice, offered alot of apologies, told me to please save his number & not hesitate to call him on his personal line if we had any more concerns & to apologize to Mike on their behalf..

So.. I suppose I'm satisfied.. I got her boss to know what she is doing, he knows she disclosed personal information about other customers.. and we were issued an apology..But honestly?? I dont plan on going back.. Mike has to go back into the store to transfer his information to another pharmacy & I am beyong ticked..I worked too hard to make it known what she did was wrong, I REALLY wish he could just go to another place & have THEM request it..but..He can do whatever he wants.. I told him she'll liekly be so ticked she'll swap his pills for something fatal..crazy lady..

But..ya know..whatever.. We got an apology which is what I wanted.. It just didnt seem like enough to make me WANT to go back to that store again..If I KNEW what action "was taken" I might feel differently..but watch..Mark my words..I never will go in a CVS again.

Argh.. Wish me luck this weekend..Mike is playign MAJOR catch up from last weekend with my family, he didnt do his school work & now this weekened we're ALL going to pay for it!! Ah..fun...

xo!

Claire

6 comments:

Hailey said...

First dude Skye is WAY confused on why her grandpa is on your blog LOL. But seriously, I will work on a sweatshirt...did you see where my dad answered your questions kind of on my blog comments. I find this whole thing hilarious because I grew up around it, LOL.
Second, tell your relatives to pay Andy's preschool tution for Christmas, it's a win/win right :X No really I am contemplating having people buy memberships to things (like the zoo, aquarium, museums {how do you spell that word, obviously I don't go often if I don't know how to spell it LOL} etc)for Skye for Christmas.
Dude I totally agree your sister is Hot, but so are you :)
And I will boycot CVS with you (won't be hard, I never went in there before LOL)
Oh and just so you know, watch out I might totally steal your pictures now LOL

Pamela said...

Toys are such a waste of money! I said no toys for x-mas. Kayden does not play wiht toys besides his legos. The rest he could care less about. And that was one big ass elk! I am still amazed by that thing days later!

Dani said...

You don't HAVE to get cats declawed if you have kids! The kids learn reeeeeeeeeeeeeal quick not to mess with the cat. LOL Our cat isn't declawed (and she's an indoor cat) and the girls pretty much leave her alone! :o)

Anonymous said...

Hey Claire-
I have really enjoyed reading your blog. I am very glad to be your sister and reading this makes me really proud of you. I think that you should feel pretty good about where you are at. You are just as smart as me (iq wise this is true, Mom told me so at some point) but just never had the interest/good experiences in school that I had. You are still beautiful and you are raising two sweet, adorable, smart, and well-mannered little boys. I watch you with them at home and think yikes, I'm not sure I could ever do that. You never get a day off. It doesn't matter if you are really tired or feel terrible and you aren't supposed to just yell at them to shut up when they get annoying (like I sometimes do to the dogs).

Anyway, I feel like you are a pretty accomplished little sis. I also had a great time you, Mike and the boys. I would love to try talking to Andy on the phone if you think he can handle it? Miss you all. It was hard for me to leave too,

love,
misch

Anonymous said...

ps- Matt agreed that I look like a slob in the picture with both of the boys! What a hubby...

(love, misch)

Megan said...

I am SO with you on the toys!! It's insane. Is Ry using the exersaucer now? I haven't tried S in it yet.