Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not my day...

Lets see... Ryan is a cranky teething fool & any time you leave the house for a second ( take mail to the box, take the trash out..) Andy rips off his diaper then tells yo when you walk in the door "Go Potty!' while ...well.. entertaining himself..if you know what I mean..
Today he took off his diaper, peed on the floor then cleaned it up WITH his diaper & then put the diaper in the trash... All while I walked a letter to the mailbox in the front yard!!
Hes been telling me "go potty" AFTER he pees in his diaper..soo..I figure its somewhat of a start!!

Ryan was waking up this morning & I sat on the end of the bed, Andy came in to crawl on the bed & I leaned over to pick him up & suddenly this AWFUL pain just shot down my back. I couldnt even move, much less stand up!! I laid there for a minute shocked & then dragged myself up, went to pick up Ryan & once I bent half way over I couldnt get back up!!! It was seriously AWFUL! So I called Mike & he said he'd come home ASAP b/c I couldnt even bend to pick Ryan up..I told him to stay at his class but come home after his lab...

My dad came for lunch & after sitting eating & he left my legs were starting to get shooting pains inbetween going NUMB!! (My doctor doesnt work on Wed..btw..i already called to ask) So Mike comes home & tells me to go to the ER..I go.. watch about 3 16 year olds light their cigarettes &* then lean over to coo at a BABY... ((gag)) and then sit in the waiting room for over an hour while person afte rperson came in..Finally I couldnt sit there any longer, my legs were killing me & Mike had a night class so I went to a walk in Med Center ( Urgent Care) That was an even bigger waste of time.. The guy lifts my legs, has me bend over & then tells me I strained my back & to take it easy..He would like to give me a muscle relaxor and pain pills for the next few days but I'm nursing..
When I was pregnant with Andy I learned.. doctors are idiots.. And when he was born, I learned.. they're not as educated as one would assume!! Much less about breastfeeding mothers..so I bought a copy of the DOCTORS guidebook "Medication & Mothers Milk" by Dr. Hale to have on hand in the car for doctors..like this one..

So I get it & we look up Ultram & Darvocet & they are L2's... an L1 is perfectly safe for nursing moms.. nmo worries.. an L5 should NEVER be taken.. so.. on the scale an L2 is just fine for a mom to take for a day or 2 if she needs.. I mean.. if your going to take it daily for a year..it might not be a good idea, but a few days or a week? Not a big deal.. so I say "Okay, well then I guess I'm okay with that" he says Ok..
Leaves..a NURSE comes back to tell me "He looked it up & it isnt safe for you so.."
She gives me my spript..for 600mgs of Motrin..Um..I can just take 3 of the ibprophen I have at home & it'd be the SAME thing!! Needless to say, I didnt bother filling that & just went home & popped some of my own motrin! Now that vent is for a whole different day.. doctors & their ignorance of lactation education... ((sigh))

So.. I finally was like "This is silly" and started lookign through our health insurance books..I've never been to a chiropractor, I assumed a doctor had to send you.. apparently not. So, I have an appointment on Friday morning. They were so VERY nice & made sure to tell me if I'm really hurting to call tomorrow & they'll work something out to get me in tomorrow.

So.. I'm hoping these people can just snap something in place & I'll be good as new, but at the same point.. having someone snapping anything in relation to um..your SPINE kind of creeps me out!
What the hell do you wear to a chiropractor?? Do you have to wear one of those scary buttless gowns or do you just wear your clothes.. Someone tell me what to expect!!!

So..yeah.. September is off to a GREAT start @@

7 comments:

Jen said...

Hope the chiro gives you some relief! My BIL, MIL, and FIL go often...they all have BAD backs. There won't *necessarily be any snapping going on ; ). I've never had an adjustment myself, but from what I hear it's not bad at all. We took Brooke to the chiro a couple months ago to see if it would help with her reflux and it did seem to help some. There was definitely no snapping done to her...just some kneading and stretching. Anyway, good luck! Hope your back feels better ASAP! (I love reading your blog...you are very entertaining!)

Pamela said...

Sorry Claire. :( Something very similar happened to me when I was taking Kayden upstairs when he was a couple months old and my legs gave out. Good for you for going to get help because to this day I have not and I pay for it often. Once we are back on our feet I will go see a chiro or maybe even soon since Kevin is back home and I can actually leave my prison (home) lol. Let me know how it goes and tell me it is ok since I am to scared. =)

Hailey said...

I hope you feel better soon dear, if I was closer I would totally come be your maid and take care of the boys.
And I just read your comment, I totally agree Sierra is plastic, you made me laugh LOL

Kayla said...

Oh wow I hope you feel better soon! I agree "snapping & spine" shouldnt be together in the same sentence!

angela said...

Claire, I had this same thing happen to me 2 months ago and dh called the ambulance to our house, I was in so much pain. They did all their hookups and tests on me while in my bed, declared me healthy so I popped some motrin and was fine the next day!
I am in love with my chiro, no lie. It is the best indulgence and I could not imagine NOT going, he keeps me healthy and headache free and walking straight. And I always make sure to wear pants/shorts so he doesn't see anything while popping me around! Seriously, I love it!

Sarah said...

Hey!
I've secretly been reading for a while..lol
But, the same thing has happened to me..it's from all this baby making! You wear your reg.clothes at the chiro and it is totally pain free and will possibly fix the problem,plus you get to lay on this vibrating bed for 15 minutes with a heating pad.
Oh..and BTW...taking 3 motrin is NOT the same as the 600 or 800 pill. The RX ones are time released and provide a certain amount over a period of time. If you take all 3 or all 4 right away, not only does it kill your gut in the gigestion rocess, but you get it all right away and then it dies away and you cannot take more for another 6-8. hope it helps!

Anonymous said...

Dude I totally told you to go to the chiropractor.. shoot give credit where credit is due! LOL JK JK!!