Monday, September 15, 2008

Interesting...

...few days!!!

Drove my sis to the airport today..Miss her already!!!

The visit with my grandparents was SO nice.. They are AWESOME.

It was rainy & muggy all weekend & my parents, like most older houses in the area, dont have AC. Ugh. Come Sunday it was nice outside so we all sat outside, played some croquet,Andy kicked the ball around a bit..There was a severe wind warning, and as it picked up I looked up & saw a branch dangling that looked like it could easily come unhooked & fall so I decided to get Andy in to watch a TV show & relax a bit..

As I hand him a cookie I walk past the door where my grandparents & sister are on the porch & hear CRRACCKK!! About 2-4 feet from where Andy had been playing a tree LIMB came down & landed on the fence!! It must have been atleast 20 feet long & it looked as wide as my waist, atleast! And that was from a distance.. things always look bigger up close.

Crazy.. thank goodness I got Andy in!!!

I got a bit nervous & after dessert decided we needed to go home.. then the lights went out.So we left while we still could see outside, got home to no power.. Mike ran out to grab a few things at the 1 gas station that was open while I lit candles & put things away outside.. Andy was terrified! The 3 of us sat on the couch with a flashlight & his light up drum toy b/c he wouldnt let me get up to light more candles!! Poor guy.. Finally power came back about 30 or so minutes after that but my parents didnt come back until 2am.. Every school was cancelled..except Mikes, of course.. and some people still dont have power, so the rumors go...

Spent awhile cleaning up the back yard today.. a HUGE limb came down across OUR back fence as well, mostly in the neighbors yard, thankfully, and some medium sized limbs came down closer to the house, but thankfully still a good distance from the roof.

Ryan has been pushing himself up onto all 4's and rocking that cute little butt in the air befor elunging himself forward..silly baby.

Andy is talking up a STORM! Today he randomly counted from 1 to 10 all by himself!!!! He's been singing "No..No.. monkeys, jumping...on the BED!!!!" all weekend.. and is putting words together even more in just the last weekend, I'm so impressed with him!!! Sweet boy..

Mike chatted with our back neighbors ( recent move in's who throw car batteries & drive trucks into trees....) Apparently this neighbor who we've briefly spoken with, but we always do the friendly wave, at the end of the road is a BOUNTY hunter!!! How crazy is that???

He gave us the scoop on this nasty house across the road that houses... some nasty nasty stuff.. to say the least.. I've seen the women dragging children by their arms, the TODDLERS playing outside unattended by the road ( a main road..) in their underwear almost daily.. Its just awful..Sadly, not much can be done about it..

Apparently, our bounty hunter found out that one of them is a registered pedophile.. and this man & some of his "friends" were walking around our road..Our road has alot of kids that play on it.. most of us are young families with kids, or older people.. Our bounty hunter quickly informed him.. I'll leave out details..but basically he should be advised to keep himself & his friends & family off our street.. And his pit bull on a leash...

I must say..I have a new found respect for our neckneck neighborhood guardians.. I'm of course, glad that we only rent & cant wait til we can move, despite the good deal we have going..but I feel a bit better knowing the "keeper of our street" is trained & knowledgeable enough to ..well.. protect our little road!!! I always have admired intimidation and strong arming when its to my benefit!!!

I've been dehydrating lately.. my lips are cracking & I'm getting leg cramps..I just CANT drink enough water..Anyone have good tips how to increase my intake??

This weekend (hopefully, unless this power thing gets too nuts) we're going to get together with an old friend from High School(with 2 boys & one on the way!!!) for a cookout & maybe some boating/fishing & getting together of our massive amount of boys...Kinda excited!!!!! I havent seen her since I was a skinny twig of a high school student, much less become a wife & mother, but she was always a sweet girl & it'll be nice to have Mike hopefully get to know her husband & our boys to get to play together while we reconnect!! Its always a little weird for me seeing people from high school..I was still pretty quiet& barely weighed 100 pounds when I graduated & now I'm lugging around 2 kids,boobs & love handles
;-) oh...And my third, eldest child.,.AKA.. My husband.. It can be awkward sometimes b/c I've changed SO much SO quickly, sometimes I still feel like I havent grown in my own skin things happened THAT fast for us,but at the same time its kind of exciting to think about "(re)making a mommy friend" that can be part of the life I have NOW.
(shut up.. whoever is laughing..)

So yeah... Blah.. off to bed.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I love your blogs Claire. As for the water I got one of those HUGE water bottles when I was pregnant and needed to drink alot, and made my self finish 2 a day. I drink so much water a day it is crazy.